>And thx for the answer - I thought the Cokin filters were made of glass,
>not plastic...

AFAIK, retangular Cokins are resin while rounded Cokins are glass.

>I like the flexibility the Cokin system provides... You know, the only
>thing to be worried about is the correct adapter, which is cheaper than any
>filter... It is pretty important, as I have lenses of various diameters: 49
>mm to 58 mm... So, are the Cokin filters really so much crap?

I recommend you buy the largest diameter filters of your lenses and used
step-up rings. For instances, I have a stack of 67mm filters and a few
step-up (49->67, 52->67, 58-67 etc) rings.

>And I'll also welcome anything about the Hoya and Tiffen filters (as asked
>below:)) Hoya filters seem to be known as really top quality...

I have been using HOYA for more than 10 years and they are very well made. I
have checked some TIFFEN too but they were so poorly made I just returned
them (so poor it was hard to believe). IMO, they should revise their
manufacturing process rather than spending on some fancy plastic cases which
serve no purpose. KENKO are the same as HOYA but available in Japan and HK
only AFAIK.

regards,
Alan Chan