I bought my PZ-1p for $325USD on Ebay in mint/mint condition with original
box and manual over a year ago.  It was a replacement Pentax had sent the
seller to a warranty issue and he never used it except once to verify that
it worked.  From all appearances it seems to be as he said.  This seller
admittedly shot himself in the foot since he would only accept money orders
in the mail for payment, which is why I'm guessing the price was this low.
My point being it's really hard to say if digital is the real culprit here.
I just did a bit of a look around at prices last night and prices don't
really seem to have dropped that much except for that ME that Ann just spoke
for :)

Dave