From: Treena Harp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 30 March 2001 15:17
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Cokin soft filter in Australia

I haven't yet had occasion to try this myself, but I've heard of numerous
techniques that can provide good results without having to resort to buying
an expensive specialty filter. One involves a thin coat of vaseline on a
skylight filter (leaving a clear spot somewhere so you can have the
face/eyes sharp, or you could do the same thing with a spritz of hair spray.
I've also seen it highly recommended to stretch a piece of black tulle (fine
netting found at fabric stores) over the lens. Black is supposed to better
than white because it provides softening without the flare white netting
supposedly gives. Like I said, I haven't had a chance to try any of these,
but they might provide you with interesting results for not a lot of cash.