Hi guys,

 I had a little fun taking pictures at my girlfriend's graduation today
(postgraduate diploma in laboratory technology).  I broke-in my new 43mm
Limited on my K2 body and I still love that lens.  I'm keen to see how the
"dark" photos I took with that and the 15mm, shutter speeds in the order of
1/4 to 2 seconds with the camera braced against whatever I could find.

 One thing which caught my attention was the official photographer who
takes a picture of everyone getting their diploma/degree.  Aside from the fact
that he was shooting digital, his flash batteries ran out halfway through the
ceremony.  He had to shoot 3-4 shots without his flash while he gradually
and hastily changed them between graduates.  I was amazed to see that he
was using AA cells.  I'd have thought something like a Quantum battery or
even a mains adaptor would have been more suitable; at least that's my line
of thinking.

 Then again, when I graduated they were using a big fast lens with what I
assume to have been a tungsten balanced film (or correction in printing).

Cheers,

- Dave

David A. Mann, B.E.
email [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/

"Why is it that if an adult behaves like a child they lock him up,
 while children are allowed to run free on the streets?" -- Garfield