> When I saw the Z-1/Z-1p in magazines, I thought it was one ugly camera too.
> But then the actual 3D products look okay, much better than I imagined based
> on some 2D images.  :-)

Well, I've never owned a Z1/PZ1 or a Z1p/PZ1p, but I have had a
chance to play with some SFX/SF1 and SFXn/SF1n bodies.  At first, I
didn't care for the appearance of these decidedly "un-boxy" cameras
- I'd cut my teeth on more traditional manual focus bodies.
However, after a while, I guess I sort of got used to the shapes
(especially with the AA battery grips installed, which improved
"gripability"), and I also started respecting some of the cleverness
of the basic design.  So, while I still prefer an ME Super or an LX
(etc.) to either for looks (and I guess I still prefer using an LX
most of all), I guess that those "jelly bean" bodies don't bother me
as much as they used to.  Sort of...

Fred