Spike TV has been running a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Special all
afternoon here.  I noted with interest the equipment being used, although
for the most part they did not focus on that and you had to catch a glimpse
here or there.  I was surprised to here numerous mentions of the use of
film, running out of film etc.  You could also here the auto advances on the
cameras running, assuming that the sound effect crew wasn't generating this.
I could also hear the difference between the medium format cameras and the
35 mm ones though.

One particular item of interest was about a photographer that did not use
any fancy equipment at all, but rather a simple P&S 35mm from what I could
deduce.  He claimed problems with eyesight and focusing, thus it was much
easier for him to concentrate on good photography with a simple camera.
Some of the models thought he was joking and wondered if he would be able to
do the job properly with that equipment.  Evidently he and it did since he
was hired by Sports Illustrated.  Spike TV is not the most reliable source
of info in my opinion, but I found it interesting.  No I didn't catch the
name of the photog.

But it does make ya wonder if maybe, just maybe a good percentage of those
on this list are addicted photo equipment nuts.  Ok, I confess, yup I am :).
Ok now give me my new toy...NOW!

Dave