One form of standard plastic cement for model aircraft is polystyrene
dissolved in MEK.  You can also get an MEK-based plastic adhesive that
you apply with a brush; it softens the areas to be joined.

You need to be careful around these ketones, though - quite apart from
any toxicity and flammability, issues they'll strip the fat and oil from
your skin in no time flat.

I grew up with these things - my father was an industrial chemist.
We had a whole rack of small tins in the kitchen of various solvents;
extremely useful when trying to get stubborn stains off things.

I can't remember them all, but they included white spirit, several alcohols,
(methyl, ethyl, butyl), acetone, MEK, some other petroleum derivatives, etc.