Wow, that is just so much different from my experiences with the ZX-M it's
amazing! Did you buy yours recently? I wonder if Pentax has improved this?,
although I find it unreasonable that they would do so without
announcement... I got mine about 6 months ago from B&H...
And you say your display "dims" in dim light? While mine gets more brighter
as the outside light grows dimmer? I think you've got yourself an
exceptional ZX body there! I'm envious....

And along these same lines, Pentax has told me that the "M" eyecup,
($14.95), will fit on both the ZX-5n and the ZX-M, and can be ordered
directly from them if I can't obtain it from a local camera shop.  (And
someone here has already posted that this eyepiece has improved their ZX-30
viewfinder's LED visibility...) Anyone interested can email me directly, and
I will provide them with the Pentax ordering information.
Skip

Subject: Re: Can't see the LEDs in Bright Light (ZX-5n)