Keith Whaley wrote:

> I'm one of the ones that doesn't particularly like this shot. Why?
> Because the cyclist is a blurred double image.

I realize you're not disparaging the shot, just indicating a personal
preference. I've shot hundreds of razor sharp pans, but I'm always
delighted when I achieve one where the subject has a bit of vibrant energy.
An attribute that is certainly true of Frank's post. I once went just for
the clean shots, but I came to realize that many prefered something with
more of an edge. Viewer preference eventually led me to reconsider. Now,
I'm a big fan of pans where the subject is alive and breathing. The shot
below is from my own work. The PhotoNet audience seems to like it.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1543007&size=lg