To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 6:41 AM
Subject: RE: Grain Surgery for PS

I find Photoshop really poor at displaying images on screen too.  When
not viewing at 1:1 magnification you get REALLY bad Jaggies all over the
place whereas PSP is fantastic.

I just this last weekend has another go with Elements 2.0 because I
REALLY want to get somewhere with using colour profiles etc, but I just
couldn't make head nor tail of how to do this in Elements - do you need
full CS to do it properly?

From what I can deduce, I think David's preference for PSP is that the
tools for grain reduction are perhaps better than his version of
Photoshop. Personally I only look at grain reduction when scanning and
then use the ICE/ROC/GEM built into the Nikon Scanning interface because
it is partly hardware based.