frank theriault wrote:

Hi Frank,

> Well, it has a "wall of somthing" look about it, eh?  <g>
>
> Funny, but the guy wasn't going very fast at all - I mean
> look at the bike he's riding, pulling a trailer, and all
> bundled up with winter clothes.  It was freaking cold that
> day, IIRC, and he was just puttering along at about 5 or 10
> mph.  It's just that I was actually hyperfocused at about
> f16, and I think it unexpectedly got a bit dark (cloud over
> the sun or some such).  The LX was set to Auto, and I'm
> pretty sure the shutter speed was about 1/15th.
> It was ~slow~, anyway.

There is so much you can read into this photo. Dream sequence of a cycle
tourist? Your mind tells you that it's a cycle with a trailer and can't be
at a racing speed but the composition allows your mind some slack for some
other interpretations to be put on it.

> I kind of wish the bike and/or rider would have been a bit
> sharper, but the background and streetcar (some places call
> them trams) tracks in the foreground made such nice "speed
> lines", I kind of overlooked the fuzzy bike/rider.

Funny isn't it, but more sharpness to me would help lose some of it's
appeal.

> It's really just a fun shot, and I like it in that context.
> I think it has potential, but I've got to think some more of
> what exactly I'm going to do with it.

I like the surrealism of it.

Regards,

Malcolm