I need some suggestions/solutions to reduce the shutter noise of the *ist-D.

I shot the Cleveland Orchestra concert at Carnegie Hall last week. I used a blimp supplied by our handler. It's a heavy padded cloth draped over the camera to reduce noise. I put my Polartec jacket over the camera also. Two other photographers were using C****n gear and they draped only their jackets over the camera. With this setup, the C***ns were quiet enough that I did not hear the shutter unless I strained to listen.

At a break, one of the other shooters came up to me to let me know that he could hear the shutter on my *ist-D. No one else came up to tell me so perhaps he had very good ears and was concerned and wanted to let me know. I don't think the audience was bothered and our handler didn't come over to escort me out of the hall so I think it was within bounds.

Still, I would like to try and reduce shutter noise further so that I can shoot during some of the quieter music.

Is there anything else I can do, short of putting the camera into some unwieldy acoustic chamber?

--jc