Gianfranco ...

These are both nice snaps, but they say nothing about the
man being a shoeshine.  They show a fellow on the street
with an interesting expression set off against a nice,
inoffensive background.

Had you not titled this as "Shoeshine" or told us about what
this man does to earn his living, I think the image may have
been stronger.  As it is, I keep wanting to see more. I want
to see him at work; I want to see his hands; I want to see
him relaxing by his stand; what does his stand look like?
IOW, you opened the door to this mans life but you've not
let us in.  For me, it's frustrating.

shel