If it helps, the K24 f2.8 has gone to a good home :-)

The real surprise in this package was the Ricoh XR-2.  This is a solid, all metal camera, has aperture priority AND a match needle (so you can see those fractions of a stop readings), DOF preview, mirror pre-fire via the self timer, unlimited multiple exposures via the ME button, top flash synch of 125, a PC socket (missing on mine but in the spec), a finder window to show aperture setting (like the LX and MX) and even a nifty little shutter that flips down covering the eyepiece.  It has limits - no TTL flash, top shutter speed of 1/1000, and the annoying Ricoh feature of having to have the film advance lever half cocked to activate the meter.  But still, I scrubbed it up, put black tape over the hole where the PC cable should be, tested the meter (which is accurate) and, assuming the test roll comes back OK, this is my new keep-in-the-car camera. Sort of an LX-Lite...

- MCC