LOL.

It is nice to be understood.

--

John Mustarde wrote:
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:14:32 -0500, you wrote:

Goes to ten son, 4 3db steps for each number, but will probably start clipping at 4 long after it blows out the current speakers. I was not trying to impress anyone with my arcane knowledge. Just triumphant that I finally got the boso to turn his down. Written complaints to the management did no good at all.

I did the same thing a few years ago, living in an upper floor
apartment. I didn't even use an audiophile system, just laid a box
containing a couple of 12" woofers flat against the floor. Each time
he cranked his up, I cranked mine up. He quieted down, so did I. We
had a bit of a duet going, him playing some sort of rock and me
playing classical.

I won, I guess, because from that day forth I did not hear his stereo
at all.

Lucky for him he got the message the first try, because I was holding
my John Philip Sousa album in reserve, with a full hour of Scottish
Bagpipers ready to deliver the coup de grace.

--
John Mustarde
www.photolin.com

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."