Wow, Sid, thank you very much for your comments! As a teacher, I spend most
of my time telling my (medical and graduate) students how good they are,
even if maybe they're not, because encouragment is very important to a
beginner. It's very nice to be on the receiving end.
John

(In part, Sid B. said:)
John Cohen's Crow Walking
I think I may have lucked out and been assigned the best image in the
gallery this month! John, it is my most considered opinion (however fraught
with no credentials as I may be...) this is a work of art!! An admirable,
thoughtful, beautifully composed, enduring work of an artist with a camera
and a lens.
Excellent . Superb. (Let's see, how many more seven letter words do I know?)
Great job, John. Three distinct layers. Excellent use and contrast of tones
opposing each layer. And the serene whiteness of the land works to enhance
each subject. I love the bleached tree line. The way the crow upsets the
vast whiteness. And the bench. It serves to greet the viewer, gives him/her
a place to rest from the majesty of it all, and points the way out too.
Beautiful use of open space. The composition is perfect. I wouldn't change a
thing. I only wish 'twer my name on the copyright stamp.