Jody wrote:

> The Spotmatic has a few things I took for granted that my MZ-30
> doesn't have.
snip
> 3. I love the feel of the leather half-case in my
> hands.
snip
> Please help.
> Jody.

I may be able to help you get a similar case for your MZ30 (or other MZ).

My MZ50 (stolen recently) had a Pentax ER case in the traditional style.  It
was the model designed for the P30 and I've seen them for sale on ebay
recently. It fit the MZ50 very neatly.  The case is intended to hang on to
the camera with the strap lugs (like the ME series case) and falls off
because the MZ series don't have these lugs.  I solved it by drilling a hole
in the bottom of the case to line up with the tripod bush and fastened it
with a tripod bush screw.  I finished the solution only a week before losing
the camera having had it holding on with elastic bands for over a year
before that. I'm pretty unlucky with equipment.

Peter