Mark,  I'll have mine with me Sunday, if you want to compare the two for
settings.

-----Original Message-----
From:   Mark Cassino [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   February 25, 2004 11:22 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Mz-S RTF Flash Problem

I suspect that something is broken here, but I'm wondering if I just have a
setting goofed up...

The built in flash on my Mz-S just plain does not work.  I pop it up,
nothing happens - when in program mode the shutter and aperture speeds
don't change and it does not fire.  Wireless flash with the AF360FGZ also
does not owrk, but the flash unit seems to work when it is mounted on the
camera.

I fiddled around with the flash button on the camera and have it set with
just the flash indicator in the LCD (no wireless, redeye, highspeed,
etc.)  I also checked the Pentax function settings for functions 9, 10, and
11.

I'm guessing that it will need a trip to Pentax repair - any ideas about
what might disable the flash or other settings to check?

- MCC
-----

Mark Cassino Photography

Kalamazoo, MI