These shots do not do a great deal for me. They are like many which I have taken when I have traveled - they remind me of a time/place, but they have little impact for anyone else.

Of the four, I like the broad view of City Hall the best.

The others, I am not sure what you are seeing. For example, the one with the balcony and roof line: is this of the balcony railing? The roofline in the background? Both? As it is, the elements fight one another. If you were slightly higher, then the roofs would seem to rest on top of the railing, and you would have an interesting effect, maybe. If you were lower and shot with very shallow depth of field, then the roofs would be hidden and you could have a nice 'texture/detail' shot of the railing.

With the shot of the full City Hall, if you had moved forward a bit you might have gotten more of a reflection of the tower in the river, plus you would have eliminated the distraction of the railing in the foreground.

All minor things, just some thoughts for you to try next time.

Thanks for sharing!

Stan

Boros Attila wrote:

At last I got developed my first pictures taken with my new camera,
the MZ-6. So here they are:

A balcony with a good view in Oradea, downtown. I think it is nicer in B&W.

The following two picutres were taken from that balcony:

The City Hall from a window near the balcony. I wanted the river to be
in the picture, there were nice highlights in it, as can be seen in
the bottom left corner.

Comments are wellcome:)

Attila