----- Original Message -----
From: "Kostas Kavoussanakis"
Subject: Re: I love my Heaven77

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, William Robb wrote:

> While I have no reason to disagree with your general comment, my
> colleague compared the flare performance of his 43 with that of his
> FA50/1.4 and that of a 50 Zeiss (Contax) that he owns. All three
> lenses were submitted to similar situations. He tells me he had
posted
> comments about flare on the 43 in the list in the past, but I
cannot
> find them in the archive.

What sort of flare is he talking about?
A small flare off a sepcular highlight is one thing, an overall
veiling flare is quite something else, as is a secondary reflection
off of a lens element.

It doesn't matter how good the lens coating is, you will always be
able to get flare off a lens if you try hard enough.
Both of the other lenses you mention have excellent flare control as
well, according to what I have read here and elsewhere.

William Robb