dosk wrote:

> Hey Tom, if you want I'll give you this guy's email address. Yes?

I'm not that interested, but I'd be curious to see your correspondence
with him.

> But maybe you could get a better deal from him.
> I mean after all, a brand new SF1n for $115 and a Carl Zeiss-Jena 28-80mm
> zoom f1.4 - 5 (???) lens (which a knowledgeable person has told me that he
> never knew Carl Zeiss-Jena even made a zoom), with a UV and a skylight
> filter thrown in too, for only $100 more?
> Hey silly, maybe you might even get an almost new PZ1p from him for $150 or
> so? (One never knows, right?)

Checking KEH prices, $115 doesn't look ridiculous for a used SF1n. It
does seem a little low, but not atypical for a private transacation. I
know I've sold stuff rather cheap to people from this list.

BTW, here's a zeiss jena zoom:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1224528005

> So you go boy and give it a try. And let me know how it works out will'ya? I
> wouldn't mind it at all if you proved everything here was on the up and up.

I don't have to prove anything. You're the one implying this guy is a
fraud, you're the one who should show some proof. Actually, you don't
even need to do that, just give a more detailed description of what
happened, or post the correspondence.

I don't know this guy from Adam, but now my only impression of him is
what you've provided. Unfortunately, it's not very detailed.

- You didn't tell us how he represented the camera or lens.
- You didn't state specifically if he refused to give his address.
- You didn't tell us the pricing.
- You didn't tell us how far you talked him down.
- You didn't tell us how he wanted you to pay.
- You didn't tell us if a warranty period was specified.
- You didn't tell us if he represented himself as a dealer or private
seller.

People warn about bad sellers on this forum every once in a while, and
it's appreciated. However, I think it's very important that when someone
does, they give specifics. You didn't.

tv