From: Fred Widall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: PAW: Above the clouds.
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:39:37 -0500 (EST)

In February 2002 my wife & I had the great good forture to visit the
Hawaiian islands. We celebrated my wife's birthday watching the
sun set from the top of Mauna Kea, on the Big Island. We were at an
altitude of approx 14,000 feet, up in the thin air above the clouds.
I got some great shots including this one of Japan's Subaru observatory.

The summit of Mauna Kea is home to perhaps the world's most useless
road sign. To reach the summit you drive up a unpaved, rough, steep,
winding, and dangerous gravel road, with sheer drops at every curve.
Then as  you start down from the summit  there is a road sign which says
"Warning, Hazardous Road" -  DUH !!! I think you'd have to be
particularly unobservant to have missed that fact on the way up.....
but hey, thanks for telling me.

Hope you like the shot.

This was certainly the most unusual place I've ever taken photographs.
What's yours ???

 Fred Widall
 Email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca