-----Original Message-----
From: Keith WHALEY [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 1:52 PM

Hi Tanja. . .

Actually, I'm all for educating others to the family's way of
pronouncing the name. Or, the heritage version, I call it.
For example, my daughter has a very good girlfriend, who is Hungarian or
similar (okay, I forgot!) and wanted to name her daughter Hana.
Pronounced HAH-nah. That's how it is pronounced in her family's home
country.
I said stick with it. Spell and pronounce it as you want. . .
In fact, I like "Hana" a lot. It has a nice ring to it!
But, the mom said no. . .when the poor kid goes to school (here in the
U.S.) it will be a constant correcting of students and teachers, on how
to properly pronounce her name.
So, she Anglicized it. That's a shame, far as I'm concerned.

So, i guess it's easier all around if you keep it spelled Tanya, so it's
pronounced okay, instead of spelled okay, with Tanja. I prefer Tanja,
mind you, but as someone pointed out, you're a business, and you do have
to take other considerations into account.

You've got a wonderful start for anyone, let alone someone so young!
Good onya!  <g>
Much luck in the future!

keith whaley

* * *