I received two responses to some items that I was selling on a classified
listing at a musicians web site.  Both were offering to send me a cashiers
check for $3,000 more than I was asking with the instructions that I deduct
the amount of the item and deliver the balance to the delivery service that
the buyer would send to my house to pick up the item for shipping to London.
I e-mailed the webmaster of the site and he replied that the buyer would be
sending me a fraudulent check that would bounce sometime after my equipment
was picked up.  Not only would I be out the money from the sale but also the
extra $3,000 I gave the courier.

David Madsen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.davidmadsen.com