I have a trip to Montréal late this month and early April. This is my first time there, and I had thought to take along the starkistdee and photograph historic architecture and neighborhoods. The web sites I've looked at, though, tout modern skyscrapers. Do I have an incorrect impression of the city? Are there still historic architecture/neighborhoods? Tourism web sites certainly don't discuss them very much.

Can someone who is familiar with Montréal let me know if it is worthwhile taking the camera? Tips on where to go and what time of day would be great.

Of course the weather will probably be wrong. Oh, well.

Thanks,

Joe