Well, I found that on the ST 20/4,5 and the three examples of the K20/4.0 that
I had (still have one) the sharpness at the edges diminishes substantially, to
the point of a soft blur in some cases.  I've made a lot of pics with those
lenses, and when the size gets up there, that soft blur becomes quite
noticeable.  Unacceptable!  Could I have had a total of FIVE poor examples?
Doubtful ...

Since I could get a fair sum for those lenses, I took the money and ran.  The
K18/3.5 seems to be quite a bit better in that regard.