Hi Frank ...

As a document for the protest, it doesn't work for me.  Too many distracting elements,
a weak composition, and a lack of point of view.
I see at least two better photos in the scene.

However, from the POV of an interesting photo, it works for me.  It's abstract enough
to almost be surreal, and there are enough
elements in the scene to keep me busy enjoying their juxtaposition.

I like it for what it is, and don't like it for what it could have been. ;-))

BTW, we have bike cops here in Berkeley, and I gotta say, in the summer months when
they're wearing shorts and their plastic helmets,
they do not, in any way, look as though they command one bit of authority.  I'll have
to grab a shot of them some time ...

shel