> From: "Peter J. Alling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Also not all the unique.  The K2 is almost exactly the same size and
> shape.  The ES and ESII both have mechanical shutter speeds from X to 1000
> and electronic speeds from x to ~30 seconds, (Replacing the slow speed
> mechanical timer with electronics).  These are evolutionary steps to the LX.
> It didn't spring from nothing.

I'll have to put the K2 and LX together to confirm, but I don't think this
is quite true.  Somebody's earlier mention of the LX as a "K" camera made
me look at the LX again and while it is as WIDE as a K, it does not appear
to be as TALL.

I'd forgotten that the ES/ESII had an electro-mechanical shutter.
I'm not sure I count them as "evolutionary steps to the LX", though,
but rather to the K2.  The LX is really the only time Pentax has put
out a camera of its caliber and intentions, although the MX and MZ-S
might be seen as similar here.

DJE