Hi,

This is late, 'cause I've been out playing with my new
85mm lens. :-)

William Robb, Paul Harvey and Yves Caudano were
unlucky enough to get stuck with me commenting on
their photo's this month.  :-)   I'll do my best tho',
so here goes:

" Navaho ", by William Robb.  I like the color in this
one.  There is the warm yellows and reds in the
foreground that contrast with the blue sky, drawing
the eye to the hills and bluffs, with the interesting
zig zag pattern.  Nice choice in choosing (?) or
cropping to panoramic format.  Also, I like the
natural rendition to the whole scene, all too often, I
will see pictures like this overdone with polarizing
and enhancing filters (not that they don't have
they're place).  I think one or two nice puffy clouds
would have looked cool, but, what can you do?

" Sydney's Magic Mushroom " by  Paul Harvey.  Powerful
image.  Here, a polarizer was used to good effect.  I
like how it heightens the contrast not only between
cloud and sky, but also along the windows of the
building itself.  Good job by the way, of catching the
"decisive moment" with the cloud perfectly positioned
to keep the mushroom shaped building and the MLC from
disappearing into the oblivion of the deep blue sky.
To nit-pick, it looks like the edges of the slide
mount are visible on the right hand and bottom side of
the image (yep, I've done the same thing).

" Burned Forest " by  Yves Caudano.  At first, I kind
of struggled with this image, but the more I look at
it, the more I like it.  Especially well done I think
is the opening in the center that draws the viewer
into the photograph.  I wonder if this picture would
have worked better in black and white? (just
wondering)  Also, I think that I would have either
eliminated the new growth of green (grass?) at the
bottom of the frame, or included more of it for a
"death/rebirth" story.  Good job.

Regards,

William in Utah.