I beg to differ. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, when I received a Kiron
105/2.8 macro lens whose aperture wouldn't close, the first thing I did was
show it to my local dealer. Why? I wanted a leg to stand on if the dealer,
when informed of the defect, replied, "You must have damaged it. It was
fine when it left here."

Sure enough, my dealer was able to point out to me that if I had dropped or
banged the lens, the accident would have left a visible mark or dent.

-------
mkr ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

I agree with your assessment. If he were up front he would have called you
on the phone and discussed it with you. Why did he go to his local shop?
This should definitely raise all kinds of questions.

Paul Franklin Stregevsky
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
W: (703) 834-4648