Sas,

I have the A1.4-S Teleconverter and it works fine with the A300/4 lens.  The L
teleconverters (A1.4-L and A2.0-L) are for very special applications, big fast glass.
They have long snouts that won't fit in the A300/4.  The L's are designed for the
A300/2.8, A400/2.8, and such.  I have the specs in some old Pentax literature at home.
 Go look at them on Boz's site.

Regards,  Bob S.