If the German system is as the Dutch system, then the direct debit card
is not one with a visa logo, you can't use it with the card and your
signature, but only with the card and your PIN code. This sytem is
widely accepted at every shop, and even many services delivering at home
have some mobile set to do these transactions wireless using the cell
phone (GSM) system. You don't have so many points where a credit card is
accepted.

--
Frits Wüthrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>