On 10 Mar 2004 at 18:09, frank theriault wrote:

> ...of course, I'd ~never~ say that I like blown out highlights in someone
> else's photo, just because I've taken so many photos with the highlights
> inadvertantly blown out by overexposure, after which I've pawned off the
> print as "artsty".

> "Uh, yeah, I was going for the 'haunting' look.  Yeah.... haunting, that's the
> ticket."

I saw a documentary on a young Sydney photographer Trent Parke a week ago, one
of his current projects is shooting city folk in shafts of light to great a
haunting look, see:

http://www.canvas-art.nl/stock/artists/parkeautio/images/trent2.html

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998