Bob wrote:

"Tanya,

I think it's a typo...$80 vs $8.

Nothing short of 20 pounds in weight should cost $80 to ship to you.  We
have a US Postal site with a rate calculator.

WWW.USPS.COM

Tell Goodwill you want them to send it Global Priority Mail for $9.00."

Bob, it was no typo!  They have an account with UPS (United Parcel Service)
where they come and pick the goods up for delivery and this is what they
quoted them, I even went onto their website (www.ups.com) and did the
calculations myself.  The figure I got was actually US$87!

I asked if they would please send it via USPS (US Postal Service), but they
said that they would only do this if I agreed to pay an extra US$20 because
they would have to take it to the post office themselves, so the total came
to $3 packaging, +  $18 postage, + $2 insurance + $20 taking it to the post
office charge = Grand Total of $ 43!!! I think that this is also
unreasonable, and plus it blows out my budget.....

I mean really, 20 bucks just to take the thing to the post office?!? Call me
petty here, but I am not paying that!

Anybody have any other suggestions?!?

Tanya