From: Steve Jolly [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 7:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: those tests

J. C. O'Connell wrote:
> I think we do not agree on what "shoot for web" means. I take it to mean
> posting images to be viewed on the WWW web pages. I dont mean emailing
high
> quality
> images to friends and families for printing. Email has nothing to do with
> WWW or "the Web" in my understanding of the whole internet mess.

I think the misunderstanding would be cleared up if you took a look at
my website - I upload everything at the maximum resolution of my scanner
(currently 1600dpi, hopefully to increase before too long...) and the
gallery software creates a 250-pixel-long thumbnail and a 640-pixel-long
intermediate-resolution image.  The viewer can look at and/or download
whatever version they like.

http://www.elvum.net/gallery if you want to see my idea of the workflow
of the future. ;-)