On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, frank theriault wrote:

> I should get on of those things, Malcom (the tall bike, not a flag).
> What it would lack in real world (or any-world) stability, would be made
> up by the fact that I could look truck drivers in the eye, just before
> they run me into the curb.  <vbg>

If anything, I would think that a tall bike like that would be *more*
stable than a low one.  If there's a certain angle of inclination at which
a bike will begin to tip, then the effort needed to move the bike to that
angle increases as the height increases.  Tilting the bike a few inches
away from the vertical on the ground is likely equivalent to tilting it
several feet away from the vertical when the seat is 12' up in the air.

This doesn't sound intuitive to me, so there may be some other factors
involved that seriously negate it.  Though he did say on his site that it
was so easy to ride he let neighbourhood people take it for a spin.

chris