> On Mar 16, 2004, at 6:11 PM, Steve Desjardins wrote:
> >

> > I think the 6MP APS senors will be with us for quite a while.
>
> I think they will last about as long as did the 64K computers with the
> sub 1 megahertz processors.

I agree.  We'll be using equipment with the same physical dimensions
for a decade or more, although the internal electronics will improve.

Expect the APS (and 4/3) sensors to be around for some time.  Pixel
counts will increase somewhat (to 12MP at least, and maybe higher if
signal-to-noise ratio increases).  Of course if Foveon becomes common
a 12MP Foveon sensor would be a pretty darn good little option ...