Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:37:35 -0500
From: Mark Cassino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*
*I'm no expert on B&W chemistry, but I get fine results using D76 1:! and TMax.
*
*- MCC
*-----
*
*Mark Cassino Photography
*

Sometimes the simplest, most essential things are forgotten
D76 is great for many films.  Excellent for Plus-X.

But most developers do an excellent job.  Few tradeoffs.
With 135 film the differences can be dramatic.
But in LF they're often not quite so significant and
each provides a different character to images.
You don't lose or diminish the sholder/toe (highlight and
shadow detail available) as much as in 135.  The greater
degree of enlargement is the problem.
As always, is because there's more information to work with
and scale takes care of the issue.

The only real developer issue I've ever heard of
is Rodinal in some water suppies (specifically, Cleveland, OH)
doesn't work well.

Collin