On Mar 21, 2004, at 01:29, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

What didn't your friend like about the Nikon scanner?  Which
Nikon scanner(s) did he use?  What did he like better about
the Minolta?

To be honest I don't remember. The models he looked at would have been 4000ppi, available new maybe 6 months ago. I do remember that the Minolta has an optical grain diffuser built-in but how much difference this makes I don't know.

I think it'd be better if you could judge them yourself... that way whatever you buy will meet your own criteria.

I've got no problem with huge files .... the bigger the
better, IMO, as long as I can make small files for
cataloging or "proofs" as well.

First thing I did after taking delivery of my new computer was to whack in an extra Gb of RAM :)

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/