Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for advice and suggestions...

Firstly to Anthony  - I am so sorry to have put you through that! lol.  I
was about to post and say to you that the thumbnails are only 2k in size and
I went to my server to realise that I had uploaded the large images into the
thumbnail gallery! And also to anyone else who tried to view those pages,
what a nightmare it would have been!  BUT, I can confidently say that I have
fixed it now and that the thumbnails are indeed 2kb in size with the large
images ranging between 18kb and 50kb each...!

Next to Bruce - I probably should have explained a little better.  My
AF360fgz is still in the repair shop since my little tripod accident a few
weeks back.  I have been shooting with the Sigma EF 430st and the Sigma EF
500st.  Like Bill Robb, I gave up shooting TTL with the *ist D about five
minutes after I received it and have been shooting using M mode (manual
exposure) and just using the flash as fill.  This is tough with these two
Sigma flash guns as you only have the option of either full (mh), 1/16th
(ml) or ttl.  So half the time, if I use MH I get too much output, and the
other half, if I use ML, I get too little.

Yes, I did shoot high res jpegs for that particular wedding, as at this
stage I only have 2gbs worth of CF cards in total.  What I have been doing
is switching to RAW where I think that an image needs help or if I expect it
to be enlarged alot, but unfortunately, when shooting on location, quickly,
at a wedding, it is very difficult for me to shoot RAW and continuously
download pics to my laptop.  For all of my portrait and other work I am
shooting only RAW, but with weddings it just takes up too much room....

I have the camera set to low contrast and low saturation.  Bruce you asked
what my flash settings on the camera were?  I am unsure of the answer to
this?  I didn't know that I could control the flash from my camera?  Are you
talking exposure compensation?  Cause if that is the case, there is none as
I was shooting with the flash manually rather than TTL.  I hope this is
making sense...lol.

A few of you have suggsted that for this shoot at least, I should go back to
shooting the film as I know it and the cameras better. BUT, I really want to
"stick at it" as I am sure there are ways to get around the problems that I
am having and secondly, one of the reasons I got this shoot in the first
place was my ability to shoot it digitally and offer them proofs almost
immediately.  Also, I loathe the thought of having a $2k camera that is
sitting there collecting dust, I really want this thing to earn its keep and
so I must learn how to use it properly...

Heaps more to come, but just gotta wade through the rest of the responses, I
had a shoot this afternoon too, so working on those at the moment...

brb, hooroo (love that Trevor! lol),

tan.