Filmes in Japan are expensive so you might want to bring more, unless you want to try some of the Japanese only films (like Velvia 100, not Velvia 100F). If you don't speak or write Japanese, bring a calculator just in case you want to bargain when buying expensive photographic gears. Few years ago I paid 70,000 yen for my FA77 when they had listed 83,000 yen, all thanks to the calculator trick. In most cases, you don't have to pay 5% sale tax if purchased more than 10,000 yen. Some chain stores offer 10% credit the next time you purchase, but you might give up those credit if you want more discount on your first purchase. Oh... please try some green tea ice creams purchased from convenience stores too. I think it costs 80-100 yen each. I just couldn't get enough of it. <g>

Regards,
Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

Hello everybody...
Something I wanted to do for several years now is travelling to Japan...
well finally it comes true... I'm flying in 9 days ^_^
We're staying mainly in Tokyo, but will also make some daytrips (Hakone)
and will spend a few days in Kyoto. When we are lucky we will even see
the hanami (cherry blossoms)
Does anybody have some tips? .... on equipment, motives, films, what
gadget to get *g*...
bye Katrin

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines