>In a message dated 3/17/2004 9:58:19 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>First, there is the problem of the camera range. Do you see any entry level
and top end DSLR cameras beside the *ist D? I mean something to equal (at
least!) the former MZ-system, as in my opinion, the *ist D is the MZ-5/MZ-3
of a DSLR system.

>So, what about a PZ1/MZ-S class SLR featuring a more powerful AF motor than
that of the *ist D (just to name a feature)?

>Then, when will we see a decent mid-class telephoto zoom lens (50-150 f/4 or
the like)?

>What about USM?

>What about IS?

>I could go further, but I believe you can get the meaning of my concern.

>Dario Bonazza

I agree. It's why I switched to Canon, although I like the Pentax UI 10X-100X
better. And I have now just bought a used Canon 300D (not arrived yet). There
is good AF, USM, IS, and a digital upgrade path for me.

Marnie aka Doe  One does have to consider these things. Or at least, I do.