Cool effect. I went out on Monday and took a few shots using the Hoya RM 90 - a few snaps (no art intended here either.)

The original color balance:

http://www.markcassino.com/temp/IMGP4305.jpg

De-saturated with the levels adjusted:

http://www.markcassino.com/temp/IMGP4305bw.jpg

A few other de saturated shots:

http://www.markcassino.com/temp/IMGP4328.jpg

http://www.markcassino.com/temp/IMGP4329.jpg

I'm not sure what causes the vignetting effect in the last shot there.

- MCC