The news media does that all the time. Every hear them say, "Dirty pictures appeal to childish interests"? Naw, they use the Latin, and most folks think it must be really bad.

--

Peter J. Alling wrote:

It reminds me of the Chicago Politician of the late 19th century who tarred his opponent as being
a "known philatelist". I expect he knew the definition and expected his constituents didn't.

Anthony Farr wrote:

"I categorically refute the allegations, and denounce the alligators."

A quote IIRC from an Aussie politician in the dim dark past. Not that I've
been accused of being the poison pen, but it was too good an opportunity to
use one of my favourite quotes to let it pass.

regards,
Anthony Farr

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cotty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On 25/3/04, THE INJURED PARTY discumbobulated:

No, it most definitely was not Chris who emailed me...

tan.

"The trick here", said the Cat-In-The-Hat, "is Calculatus Eliminatus."

It wasn't Chris, and it wasn't me.

I *do* love a mystery...............

Cheers, Cotty

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com/graywolf.html