On 28 Mar 2004 at 15:40, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> John, you'd know, does it make a difference, or much of difference how fast the
> write speed is of a flash card? If things are buffered anyway? I mean I still
> have to get one, a big one, and I am debating the cost of the faster ones v.s.
> the slower ones and whether any speed gain is that significant.

Card write speed is more of a marketing tool than anything, real world
operation is where it counts and there isn't much in camera speed difference
between most cards, see:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-6432

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998