Fra: Ramesh Kumar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 26. marts 2004 21:04
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Wideangle lens choice

I am planning to buy *istD and so looking at the wide
angle lens to replace my 24mm.
I find replacements are too expensive and have some
doubts.

I was looking at 15mm lenses. Most of these wide angle
lenses have bulby front element.
How this design affects flare?
How to fit the filters in the front? I usually use
nuetral graduated filter.

Pentax 16-45mm does not seem to have bulby front
element and seems more filter friendly. Am I correct?

I have to pick one among  Pentax 16-45mm, Sigma
12-24mm and Pentax A 15mm.
Pentax 16-45mm looks value for money, I heard it has
abberations at 16mm.  Is it a good idea to use the
zoom lens at its extreams ends?

Can somebody pls compare Pentax 16-45mm with Pentax A
15mm?

Any comparison b/w Pentax 16-45mm, Sigma 12-24mm is
also welcome.

Thanks
Ramesh