It's full frame averaging.
The manual says "CdS meter measures the average brightness of the ground glass
at full aperture, and couples directly to aperture, shutter and film speed
settings."

This is that seller's second or third attempt at selling this camera, I believe.
Probably didn't make reserve before.

Very nice camera, BTW!

Mark