In a message dated 3/31/2004 8:58:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Realize we're talking well over 1000 miles here, of winding, western
edge of the continent country roads.

In some cases, CA Rt. 1 runs coincident with US Rt. 101, in other places
it's west of US101, but there's always something new to see and enjoy.

Take several gigabyte-sized memory cards with you, and a laptop for
cleanup and such.
One of the penultimate photo trips of a lifetime, if you're a scenic
kind of person.

keith whaley
It's also better to drive up it, south to north, instead of down it, north to
south, so you're next to land instead of next to cliffs. IMHO.

Yeah, it can also be dangerous, especially in bad weather. And for anyone the
least prone to car sickness it can be a bit much. So the best way is to drive
it is do only a portion at a time and take breaks. One of these days I plan
to revisit it too. It is an incredible drive.

Marnie aka Doe