On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 15:45:41 +1200, Robertson, Alastair wrote:

>I am intested in people's opinions of the Sigma 600mm F8 mirror lens.  I
>would like a long lens but don't have the money for a prime and weight is a
>factor too.  I know mirrors are a compromise with bokeh and fixed aperture
>etc but I wondered how well this particular lens performed compared to other
>500 or 600mm versions.

I have that Sigma, and quite like it. I have used it several times to capture fast
moving objects with the lens mounted to a monopod. (Powerboat racing).

It is very light and handles well, making it a better choice sometimes
than the A* 300mm + TC wich I also have.

It is true that the bokeh is sometimes disturbing, you can get strong
donut-shaped highlights depending on the lighting situation.

Sometime, when I have more time I will put some of those Powerboat shots
up on my WEB gallery ...

Regards, JvW