William Robb wrote:

> [...]

Duh. It's optical. When you get the film back from the lab, you just
re-spool the unused portion and use it.

Ha.

A month or 2 ago when we discussed this, we had assumed you had to tell
the MZ-S advance to frame X, or the camera would assign it a number on
rewind and you'd punch that number in.

Here's another option: Everytime you rewind a roll before the end, it
remembers what frame you stopped on. When you load a roll, it gives you
the option of starting at the begining, or at one of the specific frame
numbers it remembers. It doesn't know specifically that the roll you
inserted stopped at frame 22, but it does know that *some* roll stopped
at 22, (and maybe another stopped at 10), and queries you as to whether
this is that roll.

tv